Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Shopping

We walk down these streets with our clean clothes and pockets full of material wealth, passing hundreds of hungry people. And what they need is not the pizza and water that we’re craving. What they need is not the rest that our weary bodies are needing. What they need cannot be purchased from any vendor or shop we pass. What they need is Jesus. They need this awesome truth. As our hands reach into our pockets, we keep too much inside. We have Jesus. We have the truth. We have exactly what they need and hunger for. Will you give it to them? Will you feed my children?

I walk down this street in search of something I cannot find in the states. I want the bring back something beautiful. My fingers graze these beautiful fabrics, silk dresses, and beaded sandals that I cannot find back home. But these people are searching for something else. I may want what they have, but they need what I have. These people don’t need my American dollars, they need the truth. The truth that I hold in my heart.

No comments: